Weight of a enclosed trailer.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by The mayor, Nov 26, 2006.

1. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Interstate 16' with the v nose. No where in the trailer does it say how much the trailer weighs. Any body have a idea on what this trailer may weigh. I didn't see anthing on there web site.

2. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I got the same kind of trailer It weights around 3200 lbs empty, mine.

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

3200! are you sure? sounds high..........my 10k GW dump weighs in at 2500 and its solid steel. My enclosed is also 16' V-nose but then again I can't remember what it weighs now that I think about it. 3200 just seems high?? I want to guess 2800 on my enclosed, its a 7000 GW.

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

It should say on the tounge. I thought that was a requirement. I have a 8.5x16 enclosed and it wieghs in at around 2900lbs.(empty)

5. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

The quality and constrution of the trailer has a lot to do with what it weights? Some of the cheaper trailer with 24" o/c crossmembers on the floor/walls/cieling will weigh less than a trailer built more rigidly.

You did not mention how wide it is, 7' or 8'? Assuming it has a 7,000 GVW I'd guess the weight somewhere between 2,500-3,000lbs.

What is the model number of the trailer? I assume it is an Interstate 1 (made in Michigan) as opposed to an Interstate (made in Arkansas, Arizona, or Idaho) With the correct make and model number I can find out the weight of the trailer for you.

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

It will say on the sticker it is a law.

7. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an 8.5 x 16 v-nose and I believe it weighs 2700 or 2800lbs. It is a 10000gvwr

8. The mayor

On the tongue the sticker says gvwr 7000lbs gawr 3500lbs and has a model # of IWD716TAZ. it is 7' wide. The reason I am asking is my trailer hitch on one of my trucks is rated at 6000 lbs.

9. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

The trailer is an Interstate 1. The curb weight on the standard, stock trailer is 2,445 lbs. If there was any customization done during the build, such as closeser crossmembers, plywood walls, ect...the weight may be greater.

10. The mayor

Thanks for all the help and info