Weight on w/b's

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by TJLC, Oct 7, 2002.

1. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

On my w/b mowers (Viking 48" and TTHP 48") I run about 30 pounds of weight on the front to help keep the front end from wanting to "wheelie up, especially when using the steerable sulky". Is this ok or can this eventually cause problems? Thanks for any help.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

TJLC,

Anytime you add weight to any piece of equipment you can cause some additional strain and stress to the machine.

We do offer a weight kit for the same reason under p/n 103-2637. This kit adds 9.5 lbs to each side for a total of 19 lbs. I doubt that the weight you've added would cause much negative effect by itself. You should however be more cautious when going over curbs, rough terrain etc. Be certain youÂ’re using a pneumatic tire with the proper inflation or the new Exmark semi-pneumatic tires as well. Adding weight will increase the need for a good soft tire. Also make sure your mounting method will not effect the life of any other components.

We can't really endorse the modifications you've done because there are too many unknown factors. I however don't see any obvious issues based on the information you've provided.

Thanks.

Terry

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Terry, thank you for the info.