Weight

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by DieselDeere, Aug 18, 2003.

1. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

How much force is required to lift the front of a Lazer Z from the caster arms?

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I would guess, and that is exactly what it is.....That it's in the neighborhood of 400+- lbs. This all depends on the model Lazer Z though. There is 731 lbs difference depending on the Lazer model you choose!

The Liquid Cooled and the XP's have balast weight between the casters and on the XP its also under the front lip of the deck! How much? A lot, those front weights are heavy!

I do know that they are heavier than my old DC. I could lift the front of that rather easily with my hands, lifting the front bumper.

On a side note, just how much are the 3 plate front balast weights on the LC and XP's? And on the 60" XP's how much is added under the deck?

As it stands right now, I don't have ANY of my 3 balast weights on. I do have the mounting brackets for my Gator-Rator on, and the little Ultra-Vac plate weights bolted under the foot pan. With those and my Heavy Zero-Flat caster tires, I am totally under control and safe going up the steepest of hills. Plus, I have greater control on hills and better turning!

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Diesel,

It all really depends upon what model you’re talking about. The weight range is significant. You would also need to consider if the unit has a vac or doesn't as well as does the vac require weights etc. It would take a great deal of time to determine the actual weight for each model.

If you’re looking to purchase a hoist, lift or something to that effect I'd consider contacting the lift manufacturer to find out what they recommend. I read something some time back regarding winches and they recommended that a winch have a capacity 1.5 times greater than the maximum weight of the object being lifted.

Let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thanks

Terry

4. DieselDeere

from Midwest

It's a 52" 27 HP '03 Lazer Z, I just want to raise the front end.

5. DieselDeere

from Midwest

It does not have anything else on it that would add to the weight, no Ultra Vac or anything.

6. eXmark

Diesel,

Here's the problem. We've kinda got to cover ourselves a little bit because someone will make a mistake. They'll be lifting the machine to change blades and instead of stoping before the rear guard makes contact they'll keep going and the rear tires will lift off the ground. As you can see the lift requirement is substantially greater before the guard makes contact with the ground.

I use a car ramp, trailer ramp or jungle jack to change blades. You can also buy a floor jack for $30 that will lift twice the weight of the mower and has jack stands included. Heck Dustin and I could lift the front of one and stuff Fred under one of the tires to hold it there if need be.

The recommended rating on most jacks and housts I believe is about 1.5 times the weight being lifted. You'd need to verifty that with the lift supplier however.

Thanks

Terry

7. DieselDeere

from Midwest

Would a 1100LB be a safe bet?

8. eXmark

Diesel,

A 60" air cooled Lazer weights 1053 lbs. with out fuel.

Thanks

Terry

9. DieselDeere

from Midwest

I'll take that as a yes.