Weird experiences on estimates.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Mar 18, 2006.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Any of you ever go on an estimate or consultation and come upon a Looney Toon lol. I have encountered a few weird ones, but this is at the top lol.

The potential client wanted to consult on redoing a residential landscape. It was a Middle age woman. She answered the door Good morning, what brings you here today? I replied I was the fellow she called to consult about her landscape. She let me in and we went into the living room.Just as We were getting down to business, Her dog came into the room, and she said he's doing it again,I'm going to take him to a veterinarian, I hope it isn’t serious Julius bleeds from his rear.

I looked over at the dog , and I said Uh, ma'am, is your dog in estrus. She looked at me with a dumb look, I said is your dog in heat .She says, I thought that only happens with girl dogs lol.I said correct, your dog is a girl right, she looks dumb again, and replies back, no, I bought him from a breeder. I have his papers I can go get them.No ,that was not necessary, I told her I believed her, but I think the papers might be in-correct , Julius should be Julie lol. Now she is starting to look annoyed and perturbed, and she says, how can you tell lol. Remaining calm and professional, I said boy dog’s have plumbing your’s appears to be missing, and girl dogs bleed from the plumbing where your dog is, when they go into heat lol. Now she is pissed, and started talking loudly ,she says ,this is ridiculous your not a veterinarian, I have papers lol.She calmed down and we got down to business . As I’m headed out the door,she said very seriously ,now Sir I have papers to prove my dog is a male, And remember you are not a veterinarian lol.

2. ZaK18

ZaK18 LawnSite Member

:laugh: :laugh: :hammerhead: :confused:

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

OMG! that's too funny. Yep you have to be a vet to see weather a dog has a set of **** or not.... I'm betting she's a nutcase and she deserves to be at the top of your looney list!!!

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't know how you could have given her an estimate after all that. I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face let alone talk business.:laugh:

5. Luvs2Play

Luvs2Play LawnSite Member

Get the job, she'll never remember paying you!

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Got a call that a customer had a coon in her chimney in the middle of the night. Unless your calling to tell me I hit the lotto it can wait till morning. The ladies hysterical that the coon gonna get into her house. I try and calm her but its no use, so I get dressed and drive to her house. BINGO the light finally goes on in my head :) :eek: The woman does not have a chimney :dizzy: what she has is the beginning of Alzheimer's disease. [did'nt know till that nite] So I bang around on the outside of her house and told her I scared it into the woods and put a screen over her chimney. Called her daughter the next day and informed her what was going on. Poor lady went down hill fast, but never had coons in the chimney again :laugh:

7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I once rescued a cat that clawed its way out through an apartment screen onto a chiminey/air duct system. It was in a courtyard that was not accessible so what I did was bring the bottom half of a 16' extension ladder up into the apartment, put it through the window onto the horizontal chiminey/air ducts whatever they were.
    The girl in her early 20's was wearing a nighty the whole time even in her apartment bld, holding the door for me, running up the stairs...
    So I'm about 20 ft above the ground on a air duct about a yard wide, in the centre courtyard of an very old apartment bld. I approach the cat at it goes to jump onto a window sill on the storey below. So I stop, try coaxing it with food finally the young lady came down the ladder in her nighty, which I was footing, on my knees because if I stood up the cat would spook ... I charged her 35 bucks :) It was a nice show and she was so into it.

8. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I did one estimate where the lady and her son got into a cussing match right in front of me. The grass was just cut when I got there, real short and full of clumps. The lady said "As you can see we need some professional help..." Well the son must have heard her, he comes to the door (maybe college aged kid) and says "I cut the grass. The grass is cut. What do you want from me???" Then the lady said "This looks like sh**!!" Then they started yelling and cussing at each other while I just stood there, trying not to laugh. She signed up and I cut it for 3 years until they moved. :)

9. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Bye bye crazy lady. :dizzy:

10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

What if that "crazy" lady was gonna sign a 25k install project?