weird hustler bearings?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Farmer Jon, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Farmer Jon

Farmer Jon LawnSite Member

anyone have trouble with pully bearings and spindle bearings within a 4 month period of a new hustler? or with 275hrs on it?
  2. stp4345

stp4345 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Im had to replace my spindle bearing today on my Super Z 60" I have 350hrs and have always greased them good
  3. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I've got about 600 hours on my 48" WB running doubles almost from day one and no problems. My 54" WB has over 350 hours with doubles and no problems either. I don't think they've changed bearings in the housng for years, so I don't know what to tell ya.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You grease them?
  5. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Are your bearings Fafnir RA100RR? That’s what my SWB has. It’s a common bearing used in a several commercial mowers. You can find them from $6.00 – $20.00 they are inexpensive and very easy to replace.
  6. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We replaced the spindle bearings on our Hustler 37 this winter. One side was getting pretty loose. 1400 hours on mower. The bearings in the front wheels are the same as the mower deck. They are kind of spendy at the dealer. I think they are about $15. Bought ours from bearing supply warehouse for about half the cost.