1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

weird mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

2. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

While at my dealer the other day I seen they had two on the floor. Just started carrying them.
  3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I have seen a lot of these on ebay. I think there is one listed now. A couple months ago there was one for $2800
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

There is a "dealer" for them in Hutchinson Ks. I put dealer in quotes as I really don't think the guy had intentions to sell the units but just wanted to be able to buy them cheaper for his personal business, lol. I used to see him around with 2 of them on his trailer, now I see he's a "dealer" for Great Dane and pushed his Convertable mowers off the trailer to use those big yellow mowers.

There was much talk about them on this site over the winter I believe. The new units are much improved design-wise over the older models, or so I read.

Would I ever have use for such a machine, nope...
  5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Is this the guy that sells the Dixie Chopper mowers downtown? I have seen a couple of the Great Dane's around town...i didnt even know we had a dealer LOL.
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, totally different guy...
  7. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

i saw those in louisville last year they did not look to good to me
  8. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

seems like a good idea, no ned to cary two mowers for properties with big hills, but if the engine fails, you loose two machines.
  9. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

we had one very similar to that at the Ag school mechanics class I took. It was such a POS, hydros were very touchy, cut was garbage and it was ackward to use in either operational setup.
  10. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

They are made by the same people or closely related to the makers of Trac-Vac. If you look at their websites the companies are different. Rich and Palmor...but they share an address...

My Bobcat distributor has these...I looked them over at their last open house. Neat idea but I dont see a big use for it...plus alot of extra parts to give problems. The one I saw had chains that linked the hand controls down to shafts at the hydros.