Weird Noise (Hydro)

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by HomeCareInc, Jun 24, 2007.

1. HomeCareInc

HomeCareInc LawnSite Member

Hi all,

Great site... I just picked up my new Hustler 15/36 friday. I know it has the EZT (think thats right) hydro units.

My question is when I turn to the right using the right side hydro it makes a very loud noise like if you were cutting lumber with a power saw.

It does not do it when turning left or going straight. Not sure if this is normal or not.

I find that it is much louder when running engine full speed.

It seems to work well but makes this wild noise.

I really love the mower, just concerned. The dealer is far from me so I don't want to waste a trip if not needed.

Oh one other question, I am cutting just over an acre and wondering if I may have cut myself short on size of mower. It may be to late but maybe I should have gotten something larger. Overall very happy with Hustler.

Thank you for any ideas.

Tim

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds like something is hanging up or the parking brake may be trying to engage.
    Call your dealer and get it back to him to look at immediately to make sure this isn't the case and they can look at it and get you taken care of.

Pj

3. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No your not cutting your self short, the Mini FasTrak is made for this type of property.

4. HomeCareInc

HomeCareInc LawnSite Member

Thanks again, I will get it back to them. I ran it again today and it was somewhat better. But noise still there when making a sharp turn. Kinda like something vibrating. Hope thats all it is. Thanks PJ.

Tim

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

No problem, let me know what it was.

Pj