Weirdest controller ever?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Wet_Boots, Nov 14, 2007.

1. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Cool!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I still like the Febco controller I found a few years ago.

febcotimer2br.jpg

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

no epoxy glue in that one, I bet - how were the run times adjusted?

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

In the semi-modern days, we used to use the the Irritrol MC series to test the pups for competence; prolly the hardest clock to program I've ever run into. :hammerhead:

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Don't think I've ever seen that one, but the worst for me was the Johns/Manville.

6. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed ... serious PITA!

8. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

No way. Irritrol MC was pretty much the standard commercial controller here. Easy peasy. Current version required reading the manual. Johns Manville was the most challenging ever.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

Yeah those irritrols aren't that hard, it's what I've used allot of irritrols to train on in the past.

Those intermatics are a trip. I've seen them as lawn genie and richdel. I think the "Skip-a-day accessory" was only a bag of pins that they sent you for probably an extra $2.00.

These timers were on the lame side even then. Nothing holds up to some of the old hydraulic controllers that had a ton of "1/4 copper lines run into it from the zone valves. Some of the old clocks around here are mostly at place like institutions or, old peoples garages.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Oddly enough, I had a ton of Hardie "Touch Command" clocks in service and loved them, but the guy that bought my business could never figure them out, it's like they were out to screw him over, and they did! :dizzy: