Weirdest controller ever?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Wet_Boots, Nov 14, 2007.

1. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Really? I always though it was one of the easier ones to grasp. The one that I always had a problem explaining to guys was the Rain Bird ISC. They couldn't grasp the concept of independent station control. It was actually a really great controller for complex sites. It was just a pain in the ass to program. Once they got around to the B / B+ version and added the "Ditto" key it was much better.

2. Some of the original Rain Master controllers took a lot of patience to program.

On another subject how close do you need to get behind a semi with trailer to be drafting? Does sitting behind a semi decrease wind resistance an improve gas mileage? It seems it would.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

It is called "drafting" and you need balls of brass to stay that close (like right on the bumper), leave it alone. RM clocks have never bothered me, but, hey, I'm a RM guy. :cool2:

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Get close enough to get a careless-driving ticket, and maybe you can catch some draft.

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

On Mythbusters, drafting a semi at 10 feet will get fuel efficiency up 40%.

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

What Peter and anyone else towing should be concerned with is the new addition of "skirts" on 18 wheelers. They are a fibre addition below the trailer from front to rear wheels, and have been proven to improve mileage, so a lot of hi-milers use them now.
    They create a "vortex null zone" when they come past, and even the Airstream has been thrown around a few times.

7. So that's what causes those occasional blasts.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I believe that is what my daddy was saying .... no? (see bold)

9. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

He was talking about the Irritrol MC Series. I was talking about the Rain Bird ISC and ISC-B/B+ series of controllers. The Irritrol is a piece of cake to program.

10. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

....forgot to mention that you calling Leary "Daddy" is just plain creepy.... just sayin' ;)