Weirdest/Craziest Jobs a Customer has ever asked you to do.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by tlc1994, Nov 19, 2011.

1. tlc1994

tlc1994 LawnSite Senior Member

What is the most outlandish project, service, or job that a long-time or one-time client has asked you to do?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Andy31

Andy31 LawnSite Member

I had a woman ask me to trim the burnt tips off her Cast Iron plants. I have to use scissors and cut each one to natural looking point. It took 1hr per 10' of plants and she had me do all 120'. It came out really nice, but damn I hand weird blisters from holding the scissors, at least I learned to cut left handed too.
  3. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

And you charged how much?
  4. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Guy called last week wanting me to burn a brush pile one limb at a time. Why? Because his wife loves animals and there could be rabbits living in the brush pile. So he wanted me to move each individual limb to the fire to make sure no rabbits were burned up.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

This insane HOA member specified in the scope of work that the 2 acres of grass needing cutting must be done with a hand pushed reel mower, all drives needed to be swept instead of blown, all grass raked up and bagged, shrubs needed to be trimmed with hand shears.

She didn't think the noise from mowers and handhelds was "harmonious"

We bid $9,800 per month, knowing full well we wouldn't get the job. Their budget was $1,300/month.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

I had a mowing customer who's uncle died. They asked me if I would go to the uncles house and dig up his cat which had died about a month earlier so they could be buried together.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I had a new HOA ask me to bid their open areas. On the spec sheet it stated that the lawn had to be bagged. It was at least 20 acres.
  8. nortonlawncare

nortonlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I had a couple ask me to put crushed stone over their whole yard, they said they hated weeds and grass and the sound of mowers drove them crazy.
    It was about a half acre! i refused the job, i drive by there all the time and they did find someone to do it, i gotta tell you it looks like absolute ****!
  9. baldoni

baldoni LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

This was the funniest thing I've ever read in my life. I am curious if they found someone.
  10. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

Several years ago a customer passed away and the relatives asked me to spread her ashed in the lawn. I refused but it was a bit dusty the following week.