weirdest customer ever

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by markahurley, Apr 30, 2008.

1. markahurley

markahurley LawnSite Senior Member

I got the call just the other day. She's an older widow I mow for about once a month. She usually seems a little quirky, but today beat all. I show up, and the yard looks pretty rough. It's a mainly bermuda mix, but has some weeds sporadically growing about knee high.

She starts off by asking what height I would recommend it be mowed at, and I told her since it was mainly a warm weather grass, it would be best to take it at 3", maybe a little less. She says that she has "other things to consider" and then asks me how high I can mow it. I told her I could do it a bit higher than 4", and she says that would have to work.

Then she asks me about trimming the weeds out of the beds. I told her I would use my weedeater for that, and she said, "oh, now you can trim with that at any height, right?" I said sure, and then she said to trim just the tops of the weeds right at 6". Then she walks me around back, and shows me more areas of all weeds to trim--some at 5", some at 8"--then she tells me the goal is not to cut things short, but to get everything level. After walking me around, she asks me if I will be able to remember everything. :)

So I did my best to top off the weeds at just the right height, and she seemed happy. After she paid me, she said next time we could start taking things shorter. Unbelievable. :) Who knows what things she is considering. :) But she paid so that's what counts. The customer is always right! :)

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

That's funny. You never know what some old folks are thinkin! lol:rolleyes:

3. RollTide11

RollTide11 LawnSite Member

I thought I had crazy customers:dizzy:

4. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

That sounds like some of my nut cases. "If there brain was a deck of cards, they'd be missing the whole deck".

5. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr LawnSite Member

The fact is she paid...done deal..

C.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

She obviously looked at the name of your company and figured that if you are a Precision Lawn Care Company then things can be cut "precisely".

Did her breath smell like Chianti?

7. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Oh man, you're in for it now.......
    You must be the kind of person who likes abuse.

8. FDuce

FDuce LawnSite Member

she was probably sitting around with her bridge club saying, "lets screw with the lawn guy's head and make him cut everything at different heights".:laugh:

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Wow thats wierd:dizzy: