Weirdest Excuse For Not Wanting Lawn Cut

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by longislandlawn, Jun 26, 2013.

1. longislandlawn

longislandlawn LawnSite Member

This guy calls up and says that he does not need a lawn cut this week because
    he has a couple of Cataracts in his eyes, maybe next week. What would you guys do?

2. Joey waid

Joey waid LawnSite Member

He may have to have surgery to get them removed, and needs the money for copays.

3. GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla LawnSite Bronze Member

One time? No problem. Next time he has a reason to skip a cut point out that this is weekly service. let him know that the next cut will be an additional 50%. For instance a $40 cut will be $60 if we skip a week.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

i own a pressure washing business as well as fert and pre emergent. The other day the guy tried to cancel his pressure wash appt because it might rain later that day. i have a very hard time not being a smart as* to people that say stupid stuff

5. Green Clean

Green Clean LawnSite Member

I too own a PW company and have had a cancellation once this year due to rain. All I did was reschedule it, I can't force them to have it done. It is what it is, if I get an excuse that I feel is ridiculous then I file it and if it continues I drop the customer. For instance I had one that always had a reason they couldn't do it until it came out to me cutting a forest every three weeks or so. They are no longer my customer needless to say.

6. VTLC

VTLC LawnSite Member
    from ny

"I m selling my house and the realtor wants the grass to grow." Had this last week. She is a pre-paid seasonal. :cool2: