Time for a new thread. What are some of the weirdest leaks you've encountered? I'll start it off. In our pre-521 locator days we had a relatively small site (8 zones; disabled kids) lose its last four zones. The distance between valve #4 and valve #5 is approximately 200' with several hardscapes between them. Having no way to check for wire breaks we installed another controller on the other side of the site in a storage building and ran conduit/wire to those four valves which allowed everything to be up and running within a couple of days. But now we had two controllers to contend with instead of one. A week later we get a work order from the site guy that water was coming up through a sidewalk and had been doing this for a couple of months. We dug and realized that the water was starting from a point just beyond valve #4 where a 1" lateral line went under a sidewalk. After completely digging the area up we discovered that the 1" lateral had the 2-1/2" main line in the same trench approximately 4" below it. A tree root had followed the trench line and had started compressing the lateral to the point where a crack had developed. Every time the zone came on water followed the bore and came up through the sidewalk joints. The controller wires had been placed between the main and lateral and every time the zone came on water sprayed on the wiring. Eventually the wiring was sawn through by the water and the last four valves' wiring lost. If this had been reported prior to the setting of the new controller we would have fixed the problem and saved ourselves a lot of time and money. The good thing that occurred was that the boss told us to go out and buy the 521 locator, ground fault locator and a toner; equipment that we have used a lot since that time.