1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Welcome Letter

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Allen's LS, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Allen's LS

Allen's LS LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a Welcome to the Neighborhood Letter? I have two neighbors that are moving and they are leaving my card on the counter for the new owners. But I wanted to make up a Welcome to the Neighborhood letter for the new residents. Kind of explain that I am not only your neighbor. But I also maintain serveral properties in our neighborhood. Any sugguestions?
  2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

IMO, I would go about it the opposite way. The letter would be more "I maintain properties in your neighborhood" with a "Welcome to the neighborhood" at the end.:) Focus more on your business.
  3. Allen's LS

OOOOOOO K!!! So either way. Does anyone have any letters, templates etc...? :dizzy:
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I take it by your response and the :dizzy: , you don't agree or understand what I mean. Come up with a short to the point letter.

If someone sends me a "Welcome to the neighborhood letter" and then throws a sales pitch in there, I'd feel like he was something like an Amway salesman. Don't welcome me in a way I feel you just want my money. That would just pizz me off.
  5. Allen's LS

OOOOOOHHHH!!!! OK, I didn't say I was the sharpest tool in the shed. But I have looked on line and through some of my letters and can't seem to put anything together. (Writers Block) :confused:
  6. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have an introduction letter I send to prospective clients It is probably too long for what you want. My computer skills prohibit me from posting it. Hit the high points
    • The services you provide
    • What separates you from the competition
    • Your accreditations/certifications
    • Any company awards or magazine articles
    • Pictures of your work

I also let them know my hourly rate so I don't waste time doing quotes for people who can't afford the work.

If your letterhead has your address they will see you are a neighbor.
  7. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Mr. Tom Jones
    789 Oak Street
    Vancouver, BC V4K 7Z5

Welcome To The Neighborhood!

Dear Mr. Jones,

I want to welcome you to the neighborhood! We have been maintaining lawns and landscapes in the area and would love to take care of your property. No matter what your lawn care needs I would be happy to sit down and discuss them with you.

You can reach me at 555-555-5555 anytime. I look forward to hearing from you.

8. Allen's LS

Simple and to the point. Thanks. Any more input is greatly appreciated. :drinkup:
  9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Jsut go up and talk to them......... a visit is worth 1000 letters

O no wait, maybe thats a picture