Welcome To All Pro Greens "Insider Secrets" Forum

Discussion in 'All Pro Putting Greens' started by allprogreens, Oct 14, 2005.

1. allprogreens

allprogreens LawnSite Senior Member

My name is Chris Heptinstall, president of All Pro Industries Inc. DBA All Pro Greens

All Pro Greens manufactures professional synthetic golf greens & synthetic lawn turf. This forum is designed to give you access to the entire synthetic golf green business - For FREE!

For starters, log into the contractor section of our website. Here you will learn 4 new marketing programs, estimating, profit potential - up to 60%, and why we are so different than any other synthetic golf company in the industry. http://www.allprogreens.com/magazine/spring05-home.html
    Also, view our 400 picture photo gallery with many size and shapes of greens. Notice all the different types of landscapes around the greens: http://www.allprogreens.com/photogallery.htm

Our philosophy is simple, " We are not successful until your successful first " Meaning, we are not successful until you have sold the job and are calling us to place an order.

Our business model is designed to educate and inform you as much as possible so you can educate and inform your customers. Also, so you can go out and make good, wise, solid, business decisions instead of making costly mistakes. Basically, we are giving you a blueprint & marketing plan of the strategies and tactics that our most successful lawn & landscape contractors are using to sell the product and how you can apply this information to your local market - ALL FOR FREE!

This forum is "No Holds Barred" full access to the very lucrative synthetic golf greens business. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn how a simple and easy add-on service can generate you a new revenue stream using existing equipment and employees. At the same time, giving you access to a new customer base and up-selling your current products and services.
    [​IMG]

big002.jpg

big063.jpg

big060.jpg

big025.jpg

big006.jpg

2. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

Hi Chris,

When will you start offering certification classes outside of Atl? I may be able to get my guys down to your November class.

Great contractor support. Lots of possibilities.

Dennis

3. allprogreens

Great Question

We are only offering the hands-on training classes at our facility in GA. I'm giving you our address so you can do a "Map Quest" to determine the distance: All Pro Greens 2265 Holcomb Road RInggold, GA. 30736

We offer "Online Certification Training Classes"

The online training is the exact same as the hands-on training. We had a video production company record an entire class.

The great thing about the Online training is when you pay it you can come to the hands-on training for free and vis versa. If you come to the hands-on training then you have 24/7 access to the Online training

For example, we have had contractors that have been installing green for 2 years, take the Online training course, and learn more in 1 day than they did in 2 years installing greens

Also, we shows you many time saving techniques on both the hands-on and Online training that you will not find on the step-by-step video install instructions on our website. The step-by-step instructions are geared for Do-It-Yourselfer / Weekend Warrior. Both our online and hands-on training are geared specifically for contractors and are considered an advanced class

We charge $299.00 per person or $199.00 for two or more people for either the online or hands-on training. The new install techniques we will show you will more than pay for itself in the reduction of labor time on your first job. Also, we show you how to do it right the first time to eliminate any call-backs

I guarantee you that the class is worth 10X the cost in the form of what you will learn just on the installation.

Call us to discuss the training classes in more detail 800-334-9005

Chris

4. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

Thanks Chris,

I'll call today.

Dennis

5. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a question for you as I have myself put in many greens for another company years ago and now for myself. How do you put you cups in? No matter which green I use they all have different cup systems and I have yet to see one that is a proven winner!

Thanks
    Drew

6. allprogreens

Hey Drew

We have tested many techniques for setting cups into the stone base

The best way we have found is to get a 18 inch piece of PVP pipe that is 4.25 inch outside diameter.

Dig a hole into the base with a post hole digger 18 inch deep.
    Make sure the hole is 2 inches bigger around than the PVP pipe
    Insert the PVP pipe into the hole
    Concrete around the entire perimeter of the pipe - Do not concrete the bottom because of drainage
    Add a small amount of base material on top of the concrete
    Hand tamp the base and pipe so the pipe is flush w/ the surface
    Add 12 inches of pea gravel inside the pipe
    Insert the cup into the pipe

Once the hole is cut in the turf, the cup can be adjusted to be just below the tips of the fibers

We are in Georgia where we have clay soil. If we don't use this technique then the cups will fill with water and the customer will not be happy.

This technique is different than what we show online on streaming video for homeowners.

This is a good question you have asked.

Call with any questions 800-334-9005

Chris
    All Pro Greens
    www.allprogreens.com

7. Drew Gemma

thanks for the reply! Still not a real good answer, but I 'll take it. Players turf used a metal sleeve and did the same process without cement just hand tamping in the material. I have a sweet cup cutter that can be pounded through the turf and the base. But how can I reinforce the cups? Some guys cement the top edges around the cup but if your not really careful they get a lip around them. We need a process that lets you put the cups in last. That is the only down side to these greens. Give me that answer and we can do business. Other than that I have all the tools and have plenty of greens under my belt. These are very profitable and once you find the right market you can get more of these than you want.

8. allprogreens

Drew,

Try what I'm telling you. Call me and I will discuss it in greater detail.

Your right. There are companies that show alot of different ways to install a cup, as well as, a synthetic green.

We are the only manufacturer that field tests installation improvements and marketing programs before we release them to our contractors. We have a 1/2 acre at our facility we use to field test our products and and products of competitors.

The PVC pipe has to be concreted into the ground. You already know that if the cup is not secure, then resistance when you pull on the flag will pull the cup out of your base.

The cup cutter will work for a golf course but not on a synthetic green. You have to have a way to secure the cup.

I have heard of guys trying the same cup cutter technique and then trying to secure the cup with landscape staples through the vents in the bottom of the cups. This is a temporary fix and doesn't look visually pleasing to the golfer picking his balls out of the cups.

When the cup is inserted into the PVC pipe, it is a tight fit and takes some effort to adjust it up or down. This is the best way to do a cup installation.

We are always improving our product, installation, and marketing. To give you an idea, we have come up with a way to reduce to labor of sweeping in the infill by half. This technique alone saves contractors hundreds of Dollar$. Another technique increases the hardness of the base after compaction so you never have a problem with the base shifting, moving, or getting loose.

How do we make these improvements - We are ALWAYS, ALWAYS field testing. We want to eliminate any reason for a call-back.

By no means am I saying we know it all. In fact, we are always learning ways to make the installation easier and faster so contractors can get in, get out, and get paid quickly.

Your asking a good question. I hear from contractors and homeowners, every week, that have bought another company's green and are having problems like this.

Chris
    All Pro Greens
    www.allprogreens.com

[​IMG]

9. Drew Gemma

I am not saying that was a bad process just very time consuming. That is one part I would really like to find a easier solution. How to get product in with less sweeping I am all ears on that. I use a huge power sweep on the big greens and a hand help sweepsters on the little guys and we put down the infill with drop spreaders (we have five to be exact) One thing I know that isn't a good improvement is one company is using rubber infill and that stuff is junk when it rains it floats to the top every time. I have had calls to fix them and I tell them to build a new green with quarts infill. Also another thing that kills us is the shipping on the infill and the turf. As far as base issues I have that down no problems at all.

10. allprogreens

As you know sweeping in the infill is the most labor intensive part of the job. We used to use stiff bristle nylon push brooms - not any more. Some companies use power brooms that are expesive and can only be used to fill the green 2/3 of the way full - too much money.

We now use wire push brooms. The wire brooms are very agressive on the synthetic turf fibers so you can spread twice the amount of infill a one time thus cutting you labor in half.

Also, instead of doing the brush-brush-brush strokes, all you have to do w/ the wire broom is lean on it and push.

We field tested 11 brooms to find the one that did the best job.

The info that we have talked about, thus far in this forum, will easily save you hundreds of dollar$ per install. I would bet the company you have purchased product from in the past doesn't have this type of support system.

Call me with any questions 800-334-9005

Chris
    All Pro Greens
    www.allprogreens.com

[​IMG]