welcome to my nightmare

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 25, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

it all started at 6:30 am. this customer known to us as "peachpit" called. why, you may ask, is she known as peachpit? i'll tell you. she's 86 years old. when we go and mow she comes out and says, "are you the same fella who was here last time?" i say yes of course, you know, FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS!!!. then i say, "how are you feeling?" she always replies the same, "i'm an 86 year old woman who's been through 3 husbands, how the hell do you think i feel?" anyhow, she likes to sit on the porch and watch us mow. i use a 21" on her and her neighbors(all around 1500 sq ft total). this one day, she was eating a peach, and bit the pit, and broke her tooth, and i had to call my wife to bring her to the dentist. so she is now known only as "peachpit". well, she always insists we cut it shorter. no problem, the 21" is easy enough to lower. 6:30 am she calls, "you cut my lawn too short, you killed it, i want you to put down new sod." then the crap began. stop #1, lady comes out waving her arms, "no, no, don't cut it, it doesn't need it." i ***** at her. she says well then just cut the back. i do. she says how much? i say full price. moaning, whining, that was that. stop# 2- just had a blacktop driveway put in, don't want me to cut. fine, you're paying anyhow. she wants me to come back tommorow. fine, i get $30 for today, and $30 for tommorow. more whining. stop#3- last week they were having windows put in, i couldn't cut, men had tools all over lawn. this week, dog out in back yard, nobody home. cut front, left messege saying you are paying for last week AND this week. stop#4- lady "sprinkled something" for ants on part of front lawn. i mowed around it, refused to mow over area that she treated. left it lookin real stupid,much whining. she's paying anyhow. stop#5- having work done on house, didn't call to tell me, lawn area covered with tools, no mow, pay me anyhow. stop#6- only cut front, back doesn't need it, and adjust price. yea right. stops #7thru #18, an assortment of, "why is my lawn brown, why are you cutting, and can you skip me next week" . answeres: ask chemlawn, cus i have to eat and live indoors, and no! man, these first 5 beers sure tasted good. i'm sure the next 10 will be just as good.

2. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Why in the hell are you still cutting this person's lawn? I would have dropped her after week 4.

3. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

What did you do in your previous life. Based on your posts and all your problems you must have been a serial killer or something. You have the worst luck and group of customers that I have ever heard of. I know your area and I think that has something to do with it. You need to move down where I am. People at the beach are much more mellow.

Drink up buddy...

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like you have all the Accts that none of the other LCO's near you want.

Pop a top

5. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Start to bring a TV camera crew with you and make a realty TV show.
    ----L.A.W.N.--- A day in the life of a NJ lawn boy---.

6. greendave

greendave LawnSite Member

I still think you should be writing fiction novels.......

7. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

why are you whining....sounds like you made a bit of money and didnt have to cut...

Trevor

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yea trevor, but you know it's gonna be a ton of bullsh!t involved.

9. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

bobby i feel sorry for you your luckey you arent in the nut house yet dealing with them people

10. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

how do you get all these problems?;) do other lco's in new jersey have this same problem or are you just cursed.