1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Nightscapesjr

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by NightScenes, Oct 8, 2006.

1. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

I would like to welcome my crew leader and son, Paul Jr. to the forum. I see that he joined and has made a couple of posts. I have encouraged him to be a part of this forum so he can get a wider perspective of this profession from other knowledgeable contractors throughout the country.

Once again, welcome aboard son!!
  2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

For a project of 100 fixtures you should clear at least $10k. You are using very high end material and just because you lucked out and were able to use open ditches, doesn't mean you should make less money. Sometimes you get lucky and make a few extra bucks. Believe me, you will run up against several jobs that will require more work than you thought you would have and you will loose all of that money back. It all washes out after awhile. Sometimes you have a higher profit margin and sometimes it's less.
  3. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

I'd also like to welcome your son. Landscape lighting is still a fairly new profession and I like to see that sons are following their fathers – this is how a trade matures and evolves (in the right way).

Best wishes, Paul Jr., you've got some big boots to fill.