1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Well, after some opinions..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exmarkboy13, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive decided to use my first name as my business name. Massimo Landscape Development (we do alot of installs and enhancement). What does everyone think of Massimo?? I feel because its uncommon, its easy to remember. let me know what you think.

Also, what logo do you think is best. I went for "as simple and easy to reproduce as possible" . Let me know, thanks

Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 10.33.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 1.16.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-10-10 at 1.21.27 PM.png

2. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I like the name, its different and at the same time easy to remember. I didnt really like the first logo but the 2nd and 3rd logo look good.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

# 3 on the logo.

Name is catchy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Yup 3...sweet name too
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

Haha thanks guys!! keep them opinions coming

6. CorkyE

CorkyE LawnSite Member

Agree with #3

7. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

#3 logo then #2. Name and logos look good. If you do landscaping as well as you do logo design you will do well :)

When I see landscape development, I think of a large, established landscaping company capable of coming to my home and designing a professional landscape layout and installing it. Not saying I am correct but landscape development seems like you are encompassing a large field of work for 14 yrs old.

8. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

#2 is my favorite. Name sounds good too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Don't forget to add the "d" on the final product. :)

Have you thought of using the possessive form of your first name, as in Massimo's? I tend to think of that working better with a given name, ie, Bob's, Al's, Joe's, etc.

I actually think many who see Massimo Landscape Development will assume that is the owner's last name. Just my opinion.

10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Name sounds good. I don't know if the fact that it's unique or not really makes much of a difference. Sometimes unique can equate to: difficult to remember. But with your name, that is not the case. I think the key thing with the entire company name is it rolls off the tongue well, if that makes sense.

Logo #3 for sure.