1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Well, after some opinions..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Exmarkboy13, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Simo Landscape Development came to my mind when I first read your name.

2. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

Legal wise you will never go wrong using your name. It is something that can not be contested.

3. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

hmmm...... Simo Landscape Solutions??? what do you guys think?, or is Massimo better?

4. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

the only thing I would add is if you are primarily a lawn mowing service, your name/advertisements may get passed over by people just looking for lawn mowing....I mean what is "landscape management" anyway? And while any and all of those names look good, sound good and make a nice impression on paper, they kind of give a subconscious impression that you might be expensive....I mean "Landscape Development" sounds like there might be an architect involved....and "Landscape Management" is very formal-sounding as well, so it may cause your advertisements to be passed over by a segment of your target audience who would rather go with a less formal, less-expensive company. I don't know how how old you are or how big your company is but I would do my best to pick a name that best reflects what your company is and does. If you are an 18 year old kid with a pickup truck and a mower, for example, anything with "landscape development" in the name is going to be a bit of a stretch.

Ultimately though, it's whatever you're comfortable with. All those logos are fine, though style-wise I like number 3.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  5. JRJFENCE

JRJFENCE LawnSite Member

Tom-N-Texas,

The name he chose is great. I would think that as long as he does good work and lives up to the expectation of what the name implies, he should be ok wether he is 18 or 81.
    Posted via Mobile Device