1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Well heck............

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Went and put out some more intersection signs today. Hope that gets the phone ringing.

But really what is going on around here. The grass is STILL dormant. I was cutting 6" grass this time of year last year. This is really getting frustrating and there is ABSOLUTELY nothing I can do about it.

Cmon Mother Nature...give a guy a break!

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I have often wondered...is that okay to do? I would love to stick some signs at the end of highway exit ramps...etc

3. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

What do you think the best days to do those are? I figure they'll only last a day if that. And what did you put on it to get attention?

4. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I was thinking those yard signs. I think you can get them off ebay, but Im not exactly sure what kind of signs your talking about?

5. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

We put one out last year and it was stolen. Worst $50 of advertising.

6. KINGjosh

Yeah the signs that people put out at exit ramps. How long do you think they will last before some one takes them down?

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

My question is, "Is it legal?"

8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

at least you see grass, I gotta go plow again.

9. KINGjosh

Thats the question of the day! If it isn't, the penalty must not be that high. Cause
    i see them all the time

10. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe they treat them like political advertisments. It's ok to put them up but you are responsible to pick them up as well. If they are littering up the place because nobody tends to them I think they can nail you for littering, and in Washington State I think the fine is about $1000 or more now. $1025 for a lit cig and $1000/90 days in jail for 1 cubic foot of trash to 1 cubic yard of trash, ouch. (I just checked)

Highly doubt any officer would write a ticket like that, they tend to have more sense than the politicians who pass such laws.