Well here is a flower bed wall that i built today.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Mar 5, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

This is the first time i ever did a wall,its 5 course's high and steps up on the left end to 4 coure's,everything is perfectly level and now i have to fill it with fill dirt and then mulch.
    By the way this is my house and my wife wanted to keep the big bush so i worked around it :laugh: their was 2 other ugly ones their before i started but i cut them out. How's it look?
    I was really impressed since i never did one before and i did it completley on my own. Im sure its not a big deal to all you hardscape pro's but to a newbe it was nice to see the finished project. My wife loved it!! By the way i cam up 1 1/2 blocks short but will go get it tomorrow!

DSCN8007.jpg

DSCN8131.jpg

DSCN8132.jpg

2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Can anyone tell me the correct way to figure out how much fill dirt i will need to fill this bed up,i will be putting dow 4'' of mulch also.

3. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the square footage and depth.

4. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Looks really good. You may need to rethink that lattice under the porch. Are you putting a capstone on top as a final course?

The correct way to figure how much dirt...I think that would be Geometry. But I took geometry 29 years ago, so, ahh...2 yards.

5. Smith Lawn & Landscaping

Smith Lawn & Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

looks good Big W, measure your wall then go to the mulch calculator its in the tool section of lawnsite put in your numbers and it will tell you how much mulch to put down.

6. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

If you fill it won't those bushes die? I thought I read about that in the hardscaping forum.

7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

What did you charge for that project?

8. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Its at his own house so Im guessing he didnt charge much...looks good. Did you get the info needed to build that from this site?

9. IndyChad

IndyChad LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I bet Big W sold himself on that project! Did you just go with that gut feeling when you sold that to yourself? Man Big W I have taken up for you in some other threads, but do you really have to start a thread about everything you do in a day? I feel like every time I get on lawnsite that half the threads are started by you. I do hope you do very well, but man I do not need to know what you ate for breakfast this morning before you went out and sold a $30 lawn for $198. I feel like I am reading the cliff-notes to the movie Boiler Room. We know you are a good salesman and I hope most of us are since that is the biggest key of owning a business and gaining market share. I hope I am not coming off as an a**hole, but almost 800 post so far this year. Ease up!!!

10. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

No don't, keep posting.