1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Well how about that...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zackvbra, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

I can sure relate to that friend....

I feel blessed every single day to be able to get up, work outside, work for myself, and make a good living...

And like I said, I am honestly glad it worked out!

Cheers to a good upcoming season!
  2. MTenterprises

MTenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

It's his business not yours. He made a point about business cards. He didn't ask if he should increase his quote due to time. The vibe I get from your post is defensive and trying to talk him out of the client.
  3. Tylerr83

Tylerr83 LawnSite Member

totally agree. a lot can change in three years. I wouldn't even consider agreeing to a 3 year old quote without at the very least looking at the lawn again.
  4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I love the way Zach thinks (working so cheap, not raising prices, etc.). Because I know that's how a lot of my competitors think too. They're so worried about landing the job that they're willing to sacrifice profit. Meanwhile, at our company we could care less about landing any specific job. Why? Because we make enough profit that we can afford to market effectively and there's always another customer calling us for a bid if we don't land that one. The phone rings all day with people wanting bids from us. We're not desperate. We take accounts only if they're profitable for us. If our price is too high and we scare you away, go ahead and tell the whole world! If that scares off a few cheapskates, then we'll send you a thank you letter. You just saved us a lot of wasted time!