Well I bought the Scag TC 61’’

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by weekendCutter, May 9, 2008.

1. weekendCutter

weekendCutter LawnSite Member

Last week I posted about getting the wildcat 52’’ or the 61’’, took in all your advice but ended up getting the Tiger Cub 61’’ with 25 Kohler. Main reason was I saved 800ish and I won’t be putting the hours on mine that you guys do. So for the options the WC had over the TC, for what I am doing, I can use that 800 somewhere else.

Now for the fun stuff. Knocked out my 2 acres with it today and once I get use to it, looks like ½ the time. I did spend some time playing around cutting a few horizontal stripes just to see if I could pull it off. Not bad for a rookie, they are straight at least. Only made a few “donut holes” when turning, ill get it right the more seat time I get. The big thing was I didn’t run it into my pond. You guys didn’t lie when you said these things will walk through some grass.

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

:usflag:Glad you like it!

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We got the same unit this year and like it a lot.....my boys put on the fancy seat so the old man could cut in comfort and it is nice.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats on the mower. Before long you will be cutting your neighbors for free just to drive it more.