Well, I couldn't wait forever....

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GreenMonster, Feb 28, 2007.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

... for CG to post pics of his trailer, so I went ahead got things organized last week

Here's a few pics of the 18' enclosed. We got it fairly early last season, but never had an opportunity to letter or organize it. Hopefully, it will be easier to work out of this year.

I couldn't bring myself to spend the money CG did on lettering, but now that it's done, I'm considering having a few pictures printed up and having them put on the sides.

2. GreenMonster

from NH

Here's some of the inside pics.

This is the left hand side with shovels and rakes, plus bins for irrigation and lighting supplies. the first metal shelf has more irrigation and lighting suppiles such as valves, rotors, sprays, wire, valve boxes, etc.

The next shelf will have mostly hardscape stuff; grid, adhesive, paint, blades, safety stuff

In the back is a workbench, mostly for working on irrigation, or fixing a rewind, that sort of thing. Beneath it is the compressor, hammer drill, and compactors will go here too.

3. GreenMonster

from NH

The right hand side is for the longer stuff:

Fabric, screed rails, scd 40 conduit for controllers and transformers, snap edge (there will be three bundles held with bungees) levels, screed boards, etc.

There is a 1x4 up top that I'm sure we'll add hooks to as needed for additional tools.

How do you like the 1" conduit for marking flags?

4. GreenMonster

from NH

I'm sure after a few jobs this spring, we'll find some things will have to change, but I think we have this thing on the run.

I hope these pics help some of you guys with your trailers.
  5. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good but I think the irrigation parts will be all over the floor.
  6. GreenMonster

from NH

yeah, I'm not sure. If so, I'll take a piece of grid and use it as a net over the front.

As long as the bins aren't kept too full, I really think it'll be alright.
  7. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

Can you still fit the MT in there or not? I hope so. You know your intelligence sometimes amazes me......who would have ever thought to use 1" conduit to hold your flags....that's just sheer genius right there. Were they organized in rainbow fashion? I think it would suit you well if they were:rolleyes: Oh nice orange clamps by the way....
  8. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

I would look at putting a rack hanging from the ceiling to hold lighter stuff so that you could use the part where the snap edge was for chop saws, etc.
  9. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Looks good GM.

My 16' is at the lettering shop right now. It should be done tomorrow.

My lettering looks more like Chris's, Not that I stole your design or anything Chris,:) I just "improved upon it":laugh:
  10. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone ever put ladder racks on their enclosed trailer? I think i will put one on mine and put mount a couple big solid pvc pipes on it. Then i could put all my screed pipes and screeds on the roof and out of the way.