Well i finally got the new Toro Z today.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, May 14, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i finally got the new Toro Z today,so far so good!!! Traded my pos Exmark back in after going through 2 wheel motors and 1 pump in the first 50hrs { it was the Triton 60'' 30 hp kohler} I hated the deck,the cut,and eveything else including how it would dump clippings 12-15 inches out the shoot and stall in tall grass.

The Toro has the 28 kawi and the turboforce deck...wow what a difference i love it!! The cut is awsome,discharges the clippings 2 rows over, plenty of power and rips through tall grass no problem.

I even like the drivers control levers much better,Toro may own exmark but you cant convince me their aint a difference because their is and i like the Toro with the turboforce and kawi much more then the Exmark with the Triton and kohler. Oh and it stripes better then the Exmark did even with the striping kit on it. Anyway it was fun using my new Toro today with 0 hrs on it :laugh:, hated to dirty it up but gots to make the $$$

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

what, no pics?

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yea we need pics.

I think if I ever buy another midmount, I'll get a Toro Z450. I just REALLY like my front-mount Walkers though:)

4. bigw

Sorry didnt take any, got the mower then proceeded to go do my day which consisted of 10 lawns today so i didnt have time,besides with all the rain we have had around here i am a day behind schedule so i got it filthy real quick!

5. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

Does it have the adj. baffle? Need to do a lot of dbl. cutting with it?

6. bigw

yes it has the adjustable baffle and so far no double cutting but im sure i will have to do some as can be expected with all the rain and spring time!

7. EJD Lawnpride

EJD Lawnpride LawnSite Senior Member

I have the jd 757 and 737 and the grass is so tall every week that we need to cut twice even at 4.5"

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

you mean to tell me you got a new mower and then took it out to mow..

got it all dirty and didn't take pics.........:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead: