1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Well i finished my first day today. YOU ALL SAID YOU WANTED TO SEE MY STUFF DIRTY.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Apr 14, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Well here you go this was my first lawn with the ztr and my first offcial lawn,i know its not perfect but hey its my first so be easy on me.

2. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor LawnSite Senior Member

Haha about time we see that shiny new equipment put to use. I know you got some crap on this site, but I gotta say I'm impressed with the way you started your business. And you have probably the best name and logo of any LCO I have seen. It really stands out. Best of Luck. This is my first year also, but the grass isn't ready to be mowed here yet.
  3. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks really good Big!
  4. bigw

hey thanks guys!! I did 7 lawns today and all around 1/4 to 3/4 acres. started at 10am and finished at 6:30pm. I think the suckiest part is edging the lawns that have never been edged before..that sucked!!!! Their has to be a quicker way.
  5. TheTurfTender

TheTurfTender LawnSite Member
    from Mn

Good Work - How did you christen the equipment?

Good luck bro!
  6. bigw

I loved using the ztr, had a few little ruts here and their but ill get better with it im sure. A few house's had side hills that the ztr wanted to fishtail down lol.
  7. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

Did you mulch the grass or just blow it out the side?:usflag:
  8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

BigW -- I didn't realize this was your first year in business ... you did it in a very risky way, buying all the new equipment before you had any customers !! Also, with a new website ... wow ... alot of expense loaded up on the front end of it !! Good luck !!
  9. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll give ya $4000 for the used ztr and $1000 for the used Quick....
    Welcome to the wonderful world of lawn servicing.
    Lawn looks good...
  10. bruno_rs

bruno_rs LawnSite Member

hey big, out cutting already... good for you. don't think i need to tell you but, make sure you leave enough time each day to at least "dust off" all the equipment. no runnin HARD and hangin up wet. ALWAYS keep the mower decks clean top and bottom side!!! dirt and dust is a decks and/or machines worst enemy. moreover, a "clean" (under)deck will not clump up as much. i see you have a nice power washer... if you have time use it at least every other day and your beautiful equipment will stay that way. good luck, it all looks good. have a good one.