We'll i had a truck and trailer (a company)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We'll last nite i was headed north @ 45mph on us 41 and had a green light and she went after 3 trucks throw when she had no green turn arrow to go left. so i hit her and bounced off and took out a 03 Escalade suv. the caddy had $8600 of damage, and come to find out she only has $10,000 liability. so i'm pretty well out of bizz now, with a chance of having to sue her(ps she said to the insurance agent that she had a green arrow to turn when both north and South bound lanes had green light and were flying throw the intersection)

2. Frontier-Lawn

3. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Wow that is really bad! Sucks to start the season like that. I hope you are o.k. and you are able to recover the cash to put yourself back on the map.

Best of luck to you!!
  4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Luckly you walked away with your life...so no loss of equipment?
  5. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that is bad man, i am so sorry. dont you have insurance to cover the rest of what she cant or whatever. i would hope so, if not sorry to say that was a bad decision. hoe it all works out man. if not, you can always go to work for another company till you can recoup
  6. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

1st off & most important is you are ok. That is great. But here are some of my silly thoughts...

No collision insurance for you on your policy? (I don't think I would on that truck either though-)
    How can she only have $10k in ins?

Here's the thing- If you have a truck that's not worth (in your mind) getting collision insurance on then it seems that you made the decision that if your truck were totaled in an accident you would be able to get another truck. You made that choice and took that risk. Unfortunately it did not work in your favor. Looks like you need to just get another truck, pick up a few more accounts to cover the monthly payment and deal with the accident disaster separately. That could take years. I truly wish you the best of luck and don't mean to sound harsh. You can do it. :weightlifter:
  7. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

I could not for the life of me understand what you were trying to say in that paragraph, but the pics look pretty bad. Hope you are alright.
  8. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the ghetto trailer- is that wrecked too?
  9. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad to hear you are o.k.....sometimes when things happen like this it is just God's way of opening another door of opportunity for us....be patient and let him work his magic!!! I would not be surprised if you end up with a bigger, better truck and trailer so that you can take your business to the next level.....keep us posted:angel:
  10. Frontier-Lawn

no just landscape crap from a whole house tear out im do/was doing