Well I looked like an idiot!!!

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Joatmon, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Joatmon

Joatmon LawnSite Member
    from LA

Finally was able to purchase my baby...a 27hp LC 60" Lazer!!!
    I've read and studied that thing for the last 18 months...can tell you dimensions, specs, anything technical....but yet I SUCK at trying to drive it! It was too wet for a week after the purchase to try out & the first day I got...lets just say it wasn't too pretty & I need a lot of practice.

Besides looking like a crack-head while mowing I love the Z, hope to master it soon.

ASC

2. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

Hey man, Where did you buy it from?

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Joatman,

Glad you hear you bought your new machine. There are a few tricks to getting the hang of it but your going to love your new Exmark.

If you have any questions what so ever give me a call at 800-667-5296. If I'm not hear there are several of the guys who can answer any of your questions. I did okay the first time I got on a Lazer but you should have seen me the first time I ran one of the old Viking 5-speed walk behind units. I'm not sure that flower bed ever did recover.

Let me know if we can help.

Thanks

Terry

4. Harvestman

Harvestman LawnSite Member

First time I drove mine, boom neighbors mailbox, boom off the curb. A few minutes later I took out some rocks around a flowerbed. Go slow. Now its like driving a car. Good luck Harvestman

5. Joatmon

Joatmon LawnSite Member
    from LA

Hey Mid-South, I bought it from your buddy at Welch's. Saw & spoke to a couple of other LCO's there (Todd & Guy???) Nice guys! I have been wanting that Z for so long, just decided to quit thinking & start buying.

eXmark, I hope to get this thing mastered on my property (out of sight) so people don't think ya'lls mower doesn't drive well ;-)
    Hopefully it will dry up soon & I can put myself through "ZTR 101"

Unfortunately my new purchase still hasn't settled well with the wife...maybe I can coax here into driving it a little...maybe she'll have enough fun to ease up on me.

ASC

6. Joatmon

Joatmon LawnSite Member
    from LA

Hey Mid-South, I bought it from your buddy at Welch's. Saw & spoke to a couple of other LCO's there (Todd & Guy???) Nice guys! I have been wanting that Z for so long, just decided to quit thinking & start buying.

eXmark, I hope to get this thing mastered on my property (out of sight) so people don't think ya'lls mower doesn't drive well ;-)
    Hopefully it will dry up soon & I can put myself through "ZTR 101"

Unfortunately my new purchase still hasn't settled well with the wife...maybe I can coax her into driving it a little...maybe she'll have enough fun to ease up on me.

ASC

7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

You think you look bad, you should have seen me on my new Exmark ztr the first time. Each day I use it I get a little better. I was so used to my Viking w/b. What I do now is cut the slopes with my w/b, then use the z. Better safe than sorry. But, I'm sure I will take chances with the z that I shouldn't. I think we all do. Hang in there, be careful and good luck.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have a suggestion for you. Don't let your elbows rest on the arm rests. With them on the arm rest you get bump steer. Everytime you hit a small bump your arms will automatically push on the sticks. I found this out when learning to stripe with my. If I let my arms rest on them I would never get a good straight line. Maybe this will help some.

Try pushing forward and backwards learning how the sticks respond.

9. Joatmon

Joatmon LawnSite Member
    from LA

Sorry about the double post above...

65Hoss
    Thanks for the tip. My house sits on a very small plot so I have a lot of "turn, stop, back-up, go" practice there. My shop, where I keep all my equipment, still has a lot of moisture present...so I can't get out & do the wide-open test (lot of land there). I still laugh at myself out there on the Z...CRACK-head personified!!!
    That's OK....most of my accounts are rural and remote...learn as I go.
    I wanted to get a few commercial accounts this year...better master that thing soon. :D