1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Well i mowed 12 acres today, here's a 5 acre lawn i did.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

DSC00273.jpg Not to bad for my first week on the ztr i guess! Did 3 places totalling 12 acres today and got done in 8 hr's. This was a 5 acre lawn.

2. bigw

a few more of the same lawn.

3. progressivelawncare

progressivelawncare LawnSite Member

looks great, nice looking trailer.
  4. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

need to work on your stripes it will come with practice, but over all not bad.
  5. bigw

Well considering i never even rode a ZTR before monday of this week i think im doing pretty good, atleast my customers have told me i have.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

keep it up looks great
  7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Might just be the pictures but it looks like your middle blade is cutting lower on the left side.
  8. bruno_rs

bruno_rs LawnSite Member

hey big, i have to agree with albery... something looks a little off with the cut of the blades. looks, to me, like it's cutting on a slight angle... could be a bent or even loose blade. also, make sure your deck is CLEAN on big $/valued customers lawns... clumps and/or thatch will wreak havoc right quick if not blown off and/or FINELY mulched.

are you mowing with gator (mulching) blades or whatever came with the machine? you may want to look into "magnum" (heavier) blades... kept sharp the magnums' give the best cut! if you mow when wet/damp, stay away from the gators they will clump no matter how clean the deck is! otherwise... looks good for a seasoned veteran like you. keep up the good work... my hats off to you. good luck. have a good one.
  9. capnsac

capnsac LawnSite Senior Member

lookey there, top notch. I love wide open spaces with the ztr, lawns like this make it feel like I'm almost stealing :)

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

Your truck and trailer look super nice! Is it a powerstroke?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.