Well i think

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by plantzpropertymanagement, Aug 28, 2006.

1. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

Im going to buy a quick 36 i have a 42 in ztr cubcadet and its just driving me nuts its always braking down and the cut sucks and the darn thing is so hard to work on everything is so crammed together im kinda of lirry of buying the quick 36 ive heard great reviews but theres just some things i dont like about it like you have to loosen bolts to change the height of the deck time is money, and the one trigger to make it go forward i dont if that would be a problem keeping it going striaght? and i think its a fixed deck what do you guys think i dont i have alot of money to spend on a mower so thats kinda of why im going with the quick 36. I want to get the samurai

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

The bolts take every bit of 15 seconds to lossen and adjust the deck and retighten. As to the drive....it goes straight as an arrow.

3. plantzpropertymanagement

thanks for your feedback so you have this mower your self?

4. plantzpropertymanagement

hey im also wondering how it does with the sulky

5. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Samuari - totally satisfied but it takes me more than 15 seconds to change the height.

First it takes me a couple minutes to find a wrench then after adjusting the rear, the front usually requires me using a rubber mallet to knock the wheel loose. I've sanded the spindle once and I use WD40. Maybe tomorrow I'll buff it some more but I don't change it often.

I guess you don't have to change the front but the pitch would be wacky.

6. plantzpropertymanagement

should i buy one or keep lookin?

7. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

If I had the chance to buy or not again - I'd buy. I was also concerned about the deck adjustment but I don't change it that often.

You say you want to save money but you're looking at the most expensive model. Why not get the Fox and save a buck.

8. plantzpropertymanagement

hey i also was wondering what about the parts issue and blades ill have to order them every time something goes wrong unless i stock up can you buy belts and tires and stuff like that for it locally somewhere or are those special sizes to like the blades?

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I broke a belt on my Samurai--totally my fault--but was able to pick up a replacement at a local hardware store...had it back on in 5 minutes. Everything on that machine is easy to get to and replace if anything happens. If you want extra high lifts...go to their site...order them and you'll have em in a couple days. Better has great customer service...you won't have to worry about too much down time---and I dont think you'd have to worry about tires too much. And I agree with Ron B...Id buy again, and honestly...I'll always do my business with them here on out.

10. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

try fluid film next time, it does not dry out like wd40.