Well I took the first step

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by gosselin142258, Jan 7, 2008.

1. gosselin142258

gosselin142258 LawnSite Member
    from Mass

I set up a EIN (employment identification number). now im trying to find the right bank to use for my business account. I'm also looking to put together 500 door hangers for advertisement. I am not sure if I should be doing anything else as of right now. I'm in new england So i'm wondering when's the best time to get these flyers,door hangers, and business cards out there

2. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

i would wait untill snow melts off and the yard is visable....

i have found that fliers and a card, face to face works much better then a message on my doorknob.like a flier under my windsheild... impersonal and i seldom even read them.

pick a nice afternoon on a saturday and pound the pavement in an area you are looking to break into. Talk it up, put on a nice shirt, and good luck.

3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't forget insurance.

4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

be sure to shop around for Banks, Make them work for you, NOT the other way around, and "speaking from experance" WATCH THOSE HIDDEN CHARGES.

Banks are Masters at 2.00 here 4.00 there

5. GrassMastersKS

GrassMastersKS LawnSite Member

how much $ did you guys need to create a business account and keep it without being charged monthly? My bank (Bank of the West) requires at least $2,000 in a business account to not be charged a penalty of $7/month

6. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

try a credit union

7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

het what part of mass are you in?

8. humble1

from MA

banknorth, no min, free online access, free online bill pay, i enter the info they cut a check and mail it, i dont even pay postage.

9. gosselin142258

gosselin142258 LawnSite Member
    from Mass

hey humble. I'm the Fall River area and yourself?

10. humble1

from MA

I work from North Andover up to Newburyport area, my cousin has a pizza place down there where you are, not sure of the name.