Well I'am a owner of

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Gravel Rat, Jan 22, 2010.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

damn glad I live in :usflag: and have a friend whose father works at the dealership

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Only GR could go from comparing how loud 2 diesels are to the olympics to the drug trade in the US.. :dizzy: :confused:

Oh yeah, I must be deaf because the 6.0 F350 where I used to work was louder than the 7.3 F550..

3. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

GR, I posted my dealers link before....you can get a 350 6.4 for $31-32K.

4. esnipe8

esnipe8 LawnSite Senior Member

I am sure this has been said before (probably a million times)....
    If where you live is so horrible, there is no work, everything is expensive, why dont you move.
    I know you have a cushy government office job, but seriously either quit complaining about it, or move! Nobody forces you to live there, or work there....so move!

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

If that is the case, I'll send my 550 up there for 40,000.:)

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Where I live is cheaper than living in Vancouver or other places in the Lower Corner of B.C.

You can live in Vancouver and the houses are over half million for a run down dump. Or you rent a roach infested basement suite for 1300 a month.

It is cheaper to buy a house in the USA than it is to buy one in B.C.

Banks in Canada are not like in the USA you can't get a mortage for a house unless you make 80-100 grand a year.

The work in Vancouver is done I think you are going to see massive un-employment now. The only thing keeping Vancouver going is the gov't spending trillions of tax money for the sh*tty olympics.

Like they say the grass isn't always greener on the otherside I do have a full time job not many people can say that. Just pizzes a guy off that these people with money drive the working class people out the people that made this area what it is.

7. mudmaker

mudmaker LawnSite Member

So did you post a pic of your new truck?? Maybe I missed it somewhere.

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

No not yet I have to get a camera first I don't own one have to borrow one.

Had to change a tire today what a SOB. I haven't dismounted and remounted a tire in a long time. I mean using bars to take the old tire off the rim and mount a another tire on the rim. I have spare 19.5 tires kicking around that have 10% tread left kept them for retreading. The drive tires on this truck are shot and one went flat.

I will have to order a new set of drive tires I can't take them off my 03 F-450 which has near new drive tires but I have nothing to replace them with.

If I want to sell my 03 I should keep good tires on it so it helps the sale of the truck.

The 06 has good steer tires but they are cheap overseas tires I will swap them for the XZE Michelins that I have on the steer axle of the 03 they are only 2 months old.

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

You have to get tires? Should have beat on them to do it.

I noticed coming home at 70 I was turning 2600 rpm's, gonna have to check on different gears.

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Stay tuned for another 10 page thread.