well im pissed now

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by humble1, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

If you are going to be in the application business get used to this. It happens to me at least once a year. Instead of getting angry I use my energy to do something positive. Getting angry will not change anything.

2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

3. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

Amen to Grandviews response. It's part of doing this business and happens every year without fail. Reminders can be sent out but often are not read or, are trashed because they think it is marketing.

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I worked as a cs manager for one of these LCO's many years ago. Yes it is done on purpose to save customers at any costs. Imagine my surprise when they included a letter with that first app with my name on it!! You would be surprised how many say "ok" just do it again this year.

As a LCO owner, I still auto renew but am very carefull to talk with every customer by phone, mail or in person every year. Many of my customers don't like the phone calls and are quick to respond to the mailings.

Every year I get the same calls from new customers telling me those same two companies came out after canceling. I've gotten so used to it I warn people ahead of time. That way they just call and laugh and say I was right. I then tell them I will wait 2weeks and redo the app. Every ones happy