1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Well I'm sold on these stander mowers. Help me pick one.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WHIPPLE5.7, Apr 20, 2008.

1. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm got many yards that are 1/3-1/2 acre and the layout of them don't really allow a ZTR, but these standers make alot of sense to me. I was looking to get a 32" or 34". I see Everride makes standers as well as Wright. Is the everride built pretty good? Does anyone know pricing on these.
  2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Go Wright They are a better over all mower. The other brands just have not caught up with them. Also consider which brand has the better dealer. That is the most important thing when it comes to buying a new mower.
  3. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

just because a bunch of guys on a website tell you something is better, doesn't mean it is.......or , better for you. Try them.
  4. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

The Wright is an awesome machine. Test it out.
  5. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

LOL ! Why don't you give up and become a Wright dealer? Why keep beating your head against the wall? Virtually everyone *who has used the mowers* says the Wright is better, including many who *own* the Great Dane based stand ons.

You should do what any prospective buyer should do and demo the mowers on the same properties at the same time. Even you could find that an easy choice.

Have a nice day!
  6. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

all mowers are great when they are running. one thing to look at before buying a mower is dealer support. which is better, a crappy mower with great support after the sale.or a great mower with crappy support after the sale
  7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

This is the bottom line to everything !!
  8. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to Demo the units your thinking of buying. Good dealer support is good. I would not want a crappy mower in the shop all the time with good dealer support. To much down time. The wrights are better built machines ,thats a fact. As far as cut Quality demo all the stand on mower company's your thinking of. The great Danes and Gravely's are just about the same mower. I have not seen an everide in Md Yet.
  9. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

10. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

I'm planning to pick up my Wright tomorrow. Got to get them properties cut. Will let you know how it turns out.