Well installations

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by wfd523, Aug 12, 2011.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Typicly gets better as it ages. The grand canyon was once a stream, same thing happens underground.

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Recharge rates rarely come into play here. I can only think of one system that would draw down enough to need a delay between stations and it was way up on a hill. Usually I will call the well installer and ask what I can expect for output if I am doing an estimate then when I get the job I do a flow test. Most of the irrigation wells here are quite shallow (50-80). With a 1.5 hp pump it will supply almost 30 gpm at all day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Once you've worked an area, you will get an idea of what the wells can produce.

4. Can't friggin believe you set the screws for the top on the ground. They could easily have been stepped on and buried or accidentally kicked into shrubs. C'mon MAN! Jeeeesh

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I'll try to do better next time, 'ol eagle eyes. :rolleyes:

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Yea Dad .... only hacks put screws on the ground. :rolleyes:

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

next time, he'll hire Screw Maidens to hold them.....

8. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

Hope you feel better soon! LOL

It depends on where the well is located. I have heard of wells that *used* to have unlimited water. But now the water table has lowered and the well has to be drilled much deeper to get consistent volume. Either that or you must drastically reduce draw volume, run shorter run times with pauses in between.

Anyone in the drought areas like TX experiencing wells running low or dry?

9. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

We clearly state on our contract that the system needs xxx pressure and xxx flow to work properly , we record this at the time of an estimate . Any changes in pressure and or flow are not our responsibility , the quality , quantity , of the water are not our problem.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I took over a site where the well had failed due to a piss-poor water-wasting irrigation system. It was waterfront property on the salt chuck and all we could figure was the well had finally been drawn-down so many times that it allowed salt-water intrusion and contaminated the well. Lucky for the property owner, they had city water close by, but if the irrigation "pro" knew what he was doing, they could have saved what is now thousands a year in water bills.:hammerhead: