1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Well it finally happened...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Apr 17, 2004.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

So I was trimming in a backyard earlier this morning and saw these massive piles of dog shite. So I got to thinking about all yall who suck at trimming and fling that crap right into your face... and then BAM, it happened. Nice chunk hit me right below the eye. I think I'll be a little more careful from now on:)
  2. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

That is the nasty. I have heard about others doing that but thankfuly that hasn't happened to me yet. I think I read that someone had some poop fly into their mouths. I can hardly think about it without getting queasy. If it happened I would puke on the spot.
  3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I almost had that happen to me. Now I take a stick or shovel and fling it next to their driveway ( just kidding ) I usually throw it in the woods or bury it somewhere.
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

did you have your safety glasses on???? thats part of the reason i always do. dont think ive had any end up on my face anyway though
  5. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

I have an idea. What about offering "poop cleanup" for an extra charge! :D
  6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Yep, its happened to me! I always trim with my mouth tightly shut! I've had it up my nose, in my mouth, in my eye. Just one of the perkes of the job over here. Sometimes you just dont see it in time because of light, long grass or just speed! I really hate it when its the first job of the day.