Well, it looks like I have to fire one

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Mar 6, 2006.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

No, I do agree with DWF in the respect that nothing got done. I've done enough flyers back in the days to where I know, if I drive down a street even a day after I lettered it, I should see at least ONE flyer... Most of the time you can still see them everywhere. Not much genius involved in that part, you can do further checking but I can fairly guarantee this is a case of where if it smells, walks, looks, and quacks like a duck... It's...yeah...
  2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

fried chicken?

dfw? why are you still hiring americans and why didnt you have them sign an imdemnity agreement?
  3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head. I once had a good friend, an experienced window cleaner quit because having to deliver flyers was considered beneath him and I couldn't blame him. Now I just hire from day labour places because they come to work and actually consider delivering flyers to be so much easier than what they usually do.
  4. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like a true statement.
  5. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Sucks you had to let the guy go but I agree... being honest is the easiest thing you can do in life. If he can't even do that, how would he ever manage to assist your company. However, if you get a call from someone on the route he "delivered" hopefully you wont feel like too much of an ass :hammerhead: Good call none the less.