Well its been nice but Im gone, selling all my equipment at marketplace if interested

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CURBAPPEAL NC, Jul 31, 2006.

CURBAPPEAL NC LawnSite Member

I gave it 2 years, the first year went ok until my whole trailer was stolen. My insurance paid out and purchased all the equipment im selling in March. I miss my old job with benefits and gimme's so im back there now and still trying to handle my jobs. It could be done since I dont have very many yards anyways but Im missing spending time with my son so im gonna go with the more stable income. Lawnsite has help me alot, Ive spent many hours on here learning, so THANKS! Anyways check out my equipment in the marketplace. CHEAP!!! You can barely get a new mower for the price i have for everything! Im gonna loose money I wish I would have took the insurance money in March and RAN!:)
  2. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

srry to here about the trailer that got stolen. that was the time to get out if any.
  3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a good plan, I'm not going to be to far behind you. I figure after 8 years in the business it about time to let go as well. Good luck to you.
  4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Good luck curbappeal and I dont blame you one bit. I wished I had a job to go to and I would be right behind you here.
  5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a very immature statement there mr NJ...

Good luck!
  6. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I know this business will wear on you some...but I wouldnt leave it for corporate USA if you had a gun to my head. Been there...been overlooked.. overworked.... underpaid....and had the usual a-holes for bosses. I think Im staying with this until I cant walk anymore....then I'll get a z-turn and a crew. BUT....you mentioned spending more time with your son...so I give you BIG PROPS on that!! So enjoy it!! And good luck!!
  7. 128Steve

128Steve LawnSite Member

It is better to take a chance and realize it is not for you; than to wish you had, not have the courage and live with regret. Now should this feeling come up again, you have experience. This may make you more focused at your old job or appreciate other things. Regardless, you are a winner.
  8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree 100% with what you said. Last winter I decided to get a part time job. Yeah that lasted 2 whole days and I quit on the spot. It was a mindless boring job and I couldnt take it.
  9. stumpjumper

stumpjumper LawnSite Member

Looks like the mods shut the Kings mouth for him. Good job guys.

CURBAPPEAL NC LawnSite Member

Thanks 128steve, I feel the same way!