Well it's official... Scag freedom Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by All_Clear, Mar 7, 2007.

1. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Well it's official i am getting the Scag freedom Z $4750 plus tax, total of $5035 out the door. 48" deck and 26hp B&S looks like a good machine. I was orig told $4999 plus tax but i called and asked what the bottom dollar was, wasnt sure how that would go over but it never hurts to try. Dealer is happy to sell and i'm ready to have a new Z so it worked out great. I only do a few yards right now so i think this should fit the bill.
    For some of you that know me, i am still locating utilities 40+ hrs a week for now, been at it 6mos now. I just couldn't let my business go to the way side, it's really what i want to do so i'll be working on build to a full time level again.

Heres the website www.freedomzmower.com

I'll get pictures up soon... Dealer has it on order it so maybe next week...

Good luck this season to all...
    Nathan
    All Clear

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

All Clear congrats on the purchase. I may be able to get some pictures as I'm going to a dealer open house tomorrow and this dealer sells Scag mowers so I'll take my camera and see if I can get some good shot's of one if he has one.

Rob

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Do you know if you can get the bagging system for this? Not grass gobbler but the self dumping one? Was planning on looking a new Scag this week or next so any information would be great. I did go to the link but did not see any information on the bagger system.

On edit: I just saw where they do have some type of system for this unit.

Thanks,

JP

4. All_Clear

That'd be great Rob. Thanks I'm looking forward to warm weather and mowing again, even though i work outside yr round there's just something about grass season!

Yeah it looks like they have a few things in the works/planned
    FreedomZ Grass Collection System
    FreedomZ Halogen Light Kit
    FreedomZ Lawn Striping System
    FreedomZ Trailer Hitch
    FreedomZ Mulching System

I'd be interested in the striping system depending on the cost, hardly anyone around here stripes in town. Would be nice to set myself apart from the others.

Nathan
    All Clear

5. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the Freedom rated a commercial mower??? or is it more like a high end residential/home owner mower??? Just curious.... been mower hunting myself... and I'm not sure I can spend the $8500+ on others.

6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

On the bottom of the link that was provided it says it has a one year commercial warranty on it. I wonder how this compares to the tiger cub. I guess I will find out either on Friday or Monday.

7. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I went and looked at one last week at my local dealer. She recommended holding off on getting one til next year so that they can see how they're gonna hold up. It looks ok I was thinking more of a high end homeowner model myself, the tires upfront look pretty small when it's sitting next to scag's other models. It's probably going to be a decent machine, hope it works for ya.

8. All_Clear

They are calling it an entry level commercial machine. We will see how it holds up, like i said i have limited yards right now so it fits the bill.

For the price i'll take it. Also the dealer knows i do a few other lawns but it's being bought as a personal mower.

Just to note last yr i passed up larger lawns because i was doing postage size lawns with a 21"

9. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Nathan I'm sorry I'm a little late getting these pictures up but as promised I snapped a few for you. I have 6 to post, these are the first 3.

FZ 1.JPG

FZ 2.JPG

FZ 3.JPG

10. Lazer_Z

from NJ

These are the last 3.

Rob

FZ 4.JPG

FZ 5.JPG

FZ 6.JPG