Well its spring again and they hit a nerve!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wherebluegrassgrows, Mar 7, 2006.

1. wherebluegrassgrows

wherebluegrassgrows LawnSite Member

I know I've seen this here before but it just makes me boil. $19.00 a cut but only in this neighborhood.
    " Prepare to save money on your lawn care in 2006. I ,name of ahole, am offering a special to neighborhood area residents for each cut and trim of your lawn for the entire year of 2006 for 19.95. I live in this area and attend
    the local church with my two boys attending the local school. I am tired of people taking advantage of their community so i have decided to give back."
    He's tired of people taking advantage of his community. Attends the same church I do and I've never seen him there. My wife and I volunteer at the church weekly. It just ticks me off, not just his ridicules price but that he more or less accused me of taking advantage of our community. Ive been cutting in this area for 5 years now and the average cut has always been 30 to 35 dollars. One of the corner lots is a 55 dollar cut, a 1/2 acre with 75 foot of ditch to trim. I'd love to see him get that one.:angry: :angry: :angry:

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

That ditch would take longer than he thinks. This guy is going to work himself to death. Serious deal though, I doubt he will be long in this business. Stay positive man Jesus cares about you.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

It happens every year, seems like the big companies under bid here we got hit last season on properties we were cutting at 30 a cut under bid at 19 per cut,some of the bigger companies do a 3 to 5 year contract.

4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Call him up. Confront him and his accusations. Don't tell us, I don't care. Unless you make an effort to do something about a problem, don't complain.

5. wherebluegrassgrows

I did call got a voice mail. I'm waiting to speak with him in person. In the mean time I just thought I'd share somthing besides the usual mower or contract talk. If I can't vent here, hey wait a minute do you cut lawns for 19.00? If you do your just cheating yourself pal.

6. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

What kills me is that he has two boys and he thinks he is going to be able to support them by charging $19.95 per cut. I realize the guy might have extremely low overhead, but lets get real here...

7. wherebluegrassgrows

I'll leave it at that. I am going to call him back and I'll be sure to let him know if he gets any jobs he'll be missing out on about 500 dollars per season. That would eat at me everytime I cut one of those 19.00 lawns.

8. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought the first part of your answer was ok Randy, then you lost me.
    I think he is just like most of us, (you as well?) trying to make a living and tired of being severely undercut by someone who may not even be legal.
    It IS frustrating to know what you need to make to cover all your business expenses only to have someone come in at a price that is sooooooo much lower that it almost doesn't make sense. In the end it hurts all of us.

9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Well, seems like he will only be giving back to his community for a short while then eh? He will soon be burnt out after pushing his 21'' murray across 20 lawns. Dont sweat this guy man, a-holes like this pop up all over the place. This will give you a chance to see how strong your customer base really is!

10. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

If you don't care why comment? A guy can vent.