Well lights or bullets and why?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by perfectlawncare, Feb 10, 2007.

1. perfectlawncare

perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

hey guys I need some help on chosing what brings out the most light and why. It seems like well lights do better and have less v in the light? What is the differance between the 2?

2. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

either should perform about the same with any given bulb. After all its just a socket holding a lamp.

They are different fixtures and have different uses. Well lights should be used in turf areas such as for uplighting trees. A bullet would have a better place in a bedded or mulched area or any other place an above grade fixture it not a problem. Some guys do place well lights in beds. We do not even with a lens. They get rather hot and create a fire hazzard not to mention its too easy for them to be covered with mulch, stone or other bedding matterials.

3. dab212s

dab212s LawnSite Member

I use well lights any place that is in the lawn so they can be mowed over. Everywhere else I use bullets, mostly because they are easier to install, adjust, and maintain. I get pretty much the same lighting effect out of both.

4. perfectlawncare

perfectlawncare LawnSite Member

I want to send a pic of my house so you guys can give me some input on placement of lights. Can anyone help me down size the photo so I can post it?

Thanks for your help,

Jason

5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I use photoshop for that. Open the picture.... click the image tab at the top and then image size then resize it from there but be sure to constrain proportions. If you cant do it contact me either thru PM or my website and I will get you my email address.