Well, my site is online now...just how bad is it?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by XterraJohn, Jun 23, 2008.

1. XterraJohn

XterraJohn LawnSite Member

2. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i didn't notice a "hit counter".have you gotten any business from it?nice design and i like that "pay your bill here" part.best of luck with it.you can get a free hit counter by searching on Google.

3. XterraJohn

Thanks for the reply. I haven't gotten any business from it yet, but, so far it's not indexed on any search engines last that I checked, and I haven't publicized it to any non-customers as of yet. Thanks for the tip on the hit counter.

4. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

Nice site. Its right to the point, loads fast, services offered, a telephone number, I really like the option of paying a bill online. I'm kind of a picture guy, i'd suggest complimenting you site with a few more, maybe jobs you're particuarally proud of.

5. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

how did you set-up the payment on yourwebsite with paypal, but the customer can input the ammount they would like

6. XterraJohn

Go to the section under Merchant Services in PayPal to create a button:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_web-tools

Input some random numbers, and then let it generate the code for the button. Then, setup a form that will overwrite those random numbers based on what the customer enters in the form.

7. brianhanson37

brianhanson37 LawnSite Member

I like the site, the Before and After pictures are the best, maybe you can make each category along the side clickable with more pictures. Remember, people are lazy, pictures say more than words, the more the better.

8. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Did you make it? If so what program did you use?

9. XterraJohn

I made it using a text editor. (vi on Linux)

10. jdmower

jdmower LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Note, this is just my opinion. It needs some work on the design.