well pump picture

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Backlap, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Backlap

Backlap LawnSite Member

Any one care to comment about this pump picture. There are two pressure tanks. I have not seen this system work. Could someone maybe explain how they think this system works.

pump1.jpg

2. looks like a two pump system...

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

4. Backlap

Backlap LawnSite Member

Care to teel how this system may work

5. Wet_Boots

Any more pictures? Two pressure switches would indicate two pumps. Is there anything connected to the larger pipe? Looks like it just terminates at the ball valve.

6. Backlap

Backlap LawnSite Member

I'm not sure if that 2" male adapter screws into that 2"brass ball valve. what is the red device that is on the larger pump...where the smaller pump does not have one.

7. Looks like they had been connected together at one time, my guess is they needed two pumps to run whatever it is feeding....the pump setup on the right looks newer..

8. Backlap

Backlap LawnSite Member

The pump system feeds the irrigation system for a big common are for a housing development. The small pump looks to small to run alone tor the area. Do you know what the red device is on the left pump. Do you think they together are in tandem.

9. Wet_Boots

The red device might be called a Process Control Valve. They come in many flavors. You could find more with the model number and manufacturer name. For instance, it might be designed to regulate pressure (being that the valve on the right seems to be a pressure regulator)

10. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

That looks like a two pump system totally indepent of each other. The red valve and the black valve on the other pump look like Cycle Stop Valves, which would make sense w/ those small tanks.