well repair

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BrandonV, Oct 21, 2010.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

bummer, had to pull up 500' of well yesterday. dumb little wires at the end of course, couldn't be at the top

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

thats deep. is that a poly drop pipe? We had one this summer 20'.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

What are the poly pipe markings? I know there is some 250 psi poly for deep well use.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Great shoes and watch shot! That pump looks brand new, or is it? How are you, Bran?

5. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

ive always wondered what happens if the pump or pipe breaks loose and falls down to the bottom.... are there tools to retreive such things

6. BrandonV

8 yr old well, I'm doing well mike thanks for asking. Wish I had more irrigation work to share with y'all but not much going on here.
    Posted via iPad, not a Mobile Device... but lawnsite doesn't care.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i have never seen a pump that was not tethered with either a rope or a cable.

hey brandon, i've used a TDR to determine the depth of the pump and the status of the wiring to the motor and the depth at which the wiring is compromised.....just some useful information and i haven't mentioned TDR'S in awhile :laugh:

you still need a multimeter to test the windings

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

so was the drop pipe 250 psi poly? 500 feet is a hell of a deep set for even that class of poly.

9. BrandonV

I don't even know, I didnt install it the first time and basally was so tired pogrom pulling the thing up did pay much attention. We had no marker plate or etc tomtell us what yo expect just started pulling.... next time it breaks we'll do it right.
    Posted via Mobile Device