1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

well that's awkward...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brycesepp, Sep 10, 2013.

1. johnnyb01

johnnyb01 LawnSite Member

yep, she had a dish with a cheap discount on her monthly bill because of being a blockbuster employee...she is no longer a block buster emp and no longer gets the discount, but was told she couldnt cancel it :nono:
  2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

They didn't forget about the other contractor, they called numbers like yours. The contractor who shows up first wins. I'd leave the other ones, chances are the same thing will happen or worse you'll have to chase your money when you're done.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

One reason I do not work for maintenace or management companies. Was always a headache trying to get paid. I worked for a few my first 2 years been 18 years later and never again.
  4. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I use to drive around all day and knock on doors when I was younger. I was a clean cut kid and wore nice work clothes. I would knock on the door with my card in my hand and sell those yards all day long.
  5. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

Send him a bill for a service call haha if he doesn't pay - no loss.
  6. brycesepp

brycesepp LawnSite Member

Lol i'm going to
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

You are right on the money.:walking::walking::walking::walking::walking:
  8. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

When I pull up to a property and it's either already done or someone else is there doing it, with a new customer that's usually the kiss of death, if I call them back it's only to give them the limp fish treatment (basically like giving a limp fish handshake, but over the phone).
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  9. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

From what I heard on a stock website site is that there going to end up selling cell phones at the block buster buildings.
  10. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Some people are just idiots!