well the new 60'' Exmark is going back tomorrow and i am not taking it back again!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, May 5, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

53 hrs and went through 2 pump motors already at 34 hrs and now its messed up again so i called the dealer today to see what they could do about it. I told them i do not like or trust this mower any more,it will not hold the slightest little slope without sliding while trying to turn and i am just DONE with it!

This mower sucks { 30hp kohler with triton deck}. Any way here is the deal they are offering me, they will take mine back + $500.00 for a brand new TORO Z MASTER 28HP KAWASAKI with the turbo force deck which cost $9,400 brand new which i checked out with 2 other dealers.

I only payed $8,300 for the exmark originally. Now i already tried one of these TORO'S as a demo while they were fixing the pump motor the first time and i really liked it alot so i think this will be a good deal for me. I do not trust this POS EXMARK and i will not take it back under no circumstance. So what do you guys think? Is this a decent deal???
  2. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Down here the Turbo Force deck is awesome but I cannot speak for it up there.

As far as the wheel motors go, I would be willing to assume that they are the same ones being used in the eXmark, there are not a whole lot of manufacturers of those parts an since Toro/eXmark has much more buying power together vs. separate, it may not make any difference.

If you liked the Toro, go for it. It may be just the ticket for all your needs.

If the money is right, than that makes it all the better.
  3. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

way to go. The Toro will hold up very well. Toro is a great machine! you'll like it alot!!!!

good luck!

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Was it the same pump or wheel motor that went twice?
    Sounds like it could be a dealer issue. Sorry I know it sucks, but when a pump
    or wheel motor implodes if the dealer doesnt do a perfect job the mower will have issues until all pumps and wheel motors are changed out.
    With the new technology I see pump failure less and less.
    By the way where did you get that mower for 8300.
  5. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

both pump motors were changed last week and today it about killed me so i am done with it, i hated the heavy ass triton deck and the pos 30 hp kohler also was a dog if you asked me.

Today when i got stuck i had to have a guy on a SCAG 52'' with a 19 hp kawi come pull me out and then once he had me out i tried to make a left turn to get out of their and down it slid again and had to be pulled out again. He got on my EXMARK and said it felt like the right pump was giving out and that it had no power.

Thats when i made the call and decided i was not going to let them {fix} this mower again,i wanted something different and was not taking no for an answer!
  6. kps2389

kps2389 LawnSite Senior Member

It sounds like the dealer is giving you a pretty good deal for the new toro. Why haven't you demoed a Scag?
  7. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

8. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

sounds like you got a lemon, i honestly never have problems with my lazers, and i beat the hell out of them. as far as going from the exmark to a toro, i think the decks are the only things that are different. i beleave the pumps and frame are the exact same on the two. was the exmark a full size lazer ?? or an hp or advantage

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Check out the cubcadet commercial TANKS if thats an option. They are awsome mowers that are built like tanks and leave an absolutly gorgous cut. I love mine and wouldnt trade it for everything. They also cost less than the competition and I dont know why because they are built better.
  10. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

hey man you really need to take a scag turf tiger out for a spin. i put mine on hills so steep it makes you check your shorts after your done. that mower sticks like the tires are velcro. my 29dfi kawi with a 61'' deck is a awsome mower. give one a try.