Well the numbers are in

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, May 4, 2008.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Well this is where the rubber meets the road. The end of the month reports and for the first time gas has moved into double digits. 11.1% I have never had that high of a percent.

So whats the numbers guys? I am up almost 4% from last year. Numbers dont lie, you may not like them but they dont lie.

2. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry I am not a book keeper I just make the money and pay one. What numbers are you talking about? I am kind of lost on this post. Are you talking about how much I went up on my customers so I don't have to change my life style? Or how much profit margins fell? :confused:

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I imagine he is talking about his expense report, and that for his operation fuel expenses have, (for the first time), topped 10% of his gross. Hasn't for me yet, but I do a lot of spray work, and my routes are fairly tight, but it is getting close.

4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i cant accurately gauge my expenses yet. i just got my work truck back yesterday. i've been using my personal truck and its too hard to keep everything separate. i'll post mine in a month. :waving:

5. lawnwizards

you know exactly what hes talking about. you just wanna be a wise guy.:hammerhead:

6. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

No I really did not, but now I under stand. This number this thread speaks of would vary from month to month for me. We have days where we may do a lot of hand work and very little fuel consumption. But I quess for what it is worth this month was 6%. Again we had several days that very little fuel was used. Now if I factor in all the fuel my wife burns during the week that my LLC pays for then yeah that number would reach close to 11%.

7. lawnwizards

i apologize to you then. i thought you were just stirring up dust.

8. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe I was not clear. I do my exspenses every month and noticed the fuel has really jumped. So I thought I would ask what everyone elses was.

So lets go guys whats the fuel numbers for april? Am I just that lame that I keep all the numbers?