1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Well, thinking about hiring someone on

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Jul 14, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Yes, I know you have all heard me raving about going back to the solo operation. But I have decided that I am going to hire on someone to do strictly landscaping maintenance and small installation.

Just thought that I would update everyone on the situation.
  2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothing wrong with changing your mind and good luck on the new employee if you decide to hire someone.
  3. tiedeman

from earth

I think that what made up my mind was today when my buddy went and helped me on a lawn doing the trimming. It felt good to have somone extra. So I am going to take it slowly and have them mostly doing landscaping work 90%, and maybe 10% of lawn maintenance by helping me on my busy days. I want to train the person big time before I put him on the mower. Because like the previous years, I wasn't happy with the quality of mowing work from my employees
  4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

To bad I am not up there now...Things have been going SOOO smoothly here since my older brother moved back to help me! Now we are just working on tightening these 3 routes!

5. tiedeman

from earth

whats going to happy when you start school at Northwood? Who is going to run things down there?