Well this season is picking up where winter left off!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Apr 13, 2008.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I had the WORST time ever keeping employees for sidewalk snow removal this past winter, even at a pay rate of $20.00/hr! I hired some new guys and so far one guy quite before he even got started, and my one full timmer has blown me off, lets see, 2 times now and all we were going to do is go over new equipment and change some oil. He wanted to reschedule the time because he was sick. Ok no problem, well the new time has come and gone and no phone call, no answer,no nothing! Sorry just venting. Its time to look into a local Hispanic councel, there like a temp. service.
  2. Frontstreetlawns

Frontstreetlawns LawnSite Member

at that rate i should shut down and work for you*trucewhiteflag*
  3. bart may

bart may LawnSite Senior Member
    from montana

I feel your pain. One season I lost 8 employees in 3 months. They all said they wanted something easier. I would take a hispanic any day over these lazy pot smoking white kids. Around here though we get checked hard for illegals, which isn't bad. The hispanics here are getting that $15-$20 hr. wage and loving every minute of it. I'm just tired of not being able to find good people that will help you grow your business.