Well to Storage Tank Shut Off

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by txirrigation, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Sheeping? A new supplier in TX?

2. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Never heard of them.

Thanks for all the help, I believe I have the plans all worked out.

I'll take pics when I am done.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

post your schematic, and we will appraise it :)

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto, what a confusing thread. :dizzy:

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Another way of saying Eweing.

6. Wet_Boots

Baa-a-ad joke :p

7. Mike Leary

Having done a ton of these types of systems, there is something in the back of my pea brain that bothers the hell out of me, but I can't put my finger on it. I would most certainly be on the drawing board (if you guys even have those anymore) to get the well flow, the transfer to potable, the demand of irrigation and the type of re-injection pumps, float switches and such. Something is wrong in Denmark, or I'm old and in the way. :dizzy:

8. Wet_Boots

not that I want to add complexities, but I think there might be a way to duplicate the effect of a pressure-sustaining valve without the expense ~ what is the flow of the existing well output?

9. Mike Leary

Would be my first question. Depending on the demand of the irrigation system, the potable is moot, unless it has a huge demand, in which case the variables will have to be taken into consideration. How do I know? I've run cisterns out when too many folk were in the shower and the irrigation was on at the same time and the cistern re-charge was not properly figured. I learned. :dizzy:

10. Wet_Boots

What I'm thinking of, is a variation of the cheapo alternative to a specialty valve used to prevent head blowouts on golf courses. The workaround there was to parallel a small valve to the big one, and use it to evacuate air from the lines, before opening the full-size zone valve.

If you used two paralleled valves to fill the irrigation tank, with staggered pressure-switch settings, the smaller one could work for lower well pressures, so as to not compete with domestic use, and another valve could open at a higher well pressure, for a faster fill.